-
Persistent home isn't dynamic
Hi,
Whenever I read the home directory from my pendisk this image remains unaltered.
I mean /home is actually a link to /ramdisk/home I bealive and whenever I boot it copies the contents of the pendisk into the ramdisk but whenever I shutdown it doesn't dump the memory contents back into the pendisk. In order to update my home I have to run the mkpersistenthome script again.
I tried to change this by removing the /home/knoppix dir and linking it to my pendisk /mnt/sda/knoppix I added a couple of lines to my knoppix.sh.
This works nicely but it has an annoying side efect that afther the knoppix.sh script terminates the /mnt/sda directory is unmounted and so I must manually mount it back again, plus since X starts right away it gets stuck.
Any one has got any ideas ?
Similar Threads
-
By alpha_geek in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-22-2007, 04:17 PM
-
By staran in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
-
By hotplainrice in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-16-2006, 01:12 AM
-
By beausimon in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-23-2006, 03:40 PM
-
By mattperkins26 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory
$105.00

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

4x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC Registered RDIMM PC4-2133P 2Rx4 – M393A2G40DB0/EB1
$379.00

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95