Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Cleaning Up

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    12

    Cleaning Up

    Hi,

    I'm new to Linux for about a week now, before I used only microsoft, I decided to put everything in the trash and start over.
    I started ti use knoppix and did a HD install, everything works great, I played a bit with the LILO boot manager and the configuration files and
    of course reinstalled knoppix a few times
    The question I have is now, I don't like a system with software that I don't use, so I want to remove every application from it, the only thing that I want
    is to have is starting up with fluxbox only, offcourse with all the hardware detection, but an empty system.
    How can I do this? Is there anybody that can help me with this or give me some pointers
    thnx

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Hmmm. Your post is less about Remastering and Customizing to make new Knoppix CD and more about Debian/HD install. So I gather this post belongs in the HD install forum.

    You will need to learn about Debian's method of package management. http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ http://www.nongnu.org/synaptic/ http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/aptitude.

    Personally I do not see the point of taking the time to install Knoppix with its huge list of programs and then taking more time to remove it all. In my opinion, you should just install Debian. Go here http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimag...i386/20050120/ and choose an ISO image to download. Either ISO will allow you to install a minimal system and will present you with the choice to add software as necessary.
    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. Cleaning spyware
    By digidot in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 10:08 PM
  2. Cleaning windows using linux
    By chris-harry in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 03:56 PM
  3. cleaning up the root directory
    By krazynesphreak in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 06:55 PM
  4. Cleaning up
    By Heavy-G in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY picture

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY

$89.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total picture

LOT OF 4 HP 840758-091 32GB DDR4 PC4-2666 Registered Server Memory 128GB Total

$1000.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro picture

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro

$189.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.88