-
Junior Member
registered user
Need some help :) thx
Ok so i have knoppix 3.4 and i did Knoppix Installer and installed it into my Harddrive, but as i restart and start. It doesn't go through. It goes to the screen where it lets me choose linux 2.4 or 2.6 which i did both and then it just goes to a black screen that says Loading LinuxEBDA is big ; kernel setup stack overlap LILO second stage. I tryed to install knoppix every possible way but that error doesn't let me go through.
Can anyone get me through?? plz
thx
-
Senior Member
registered user
I had this same error trying to install Kanotix on hda8 with lilo on the partition instead of on the mbr. Atre you trying to install lilo on the partition or on the mbr? If on the partition, try on the mbr.
With Kanotix I ended up installing grub on the partition then I booted into the HD install from the live CD with the bootcode 'knoppix root=/dev/hda8 noinitrd ro' then installed lilo to the mbr from to HD install & it went OK.
You can change the install options by editing knoppix installer configuration file .knofig (I think it's /ramdisk/home/knoppix/.knofig).
-
Junior Member
registered user
I tried installing Knoppix on both the mbr and partition but the same error came up... but i'll try your grub idea thx
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

NETGEAR GS308 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch New - OPEN BOX - not used
$28.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS
$349.95