-
Problems erasing HDD data using the Live CD
I am using the 3.3 Live CD to access my PC's second HDD.
I cannot persuade Win98SE to see the disk, but Knoppix can see it - no problem.
I would like to delete the data thereon or format the drive.
Even though I have changed the Read-only flag for the drive/partition, Knoppix is unable to delete the data.
I have retrieved all the data I need and want to clear it down before disposing of the drive.
Moderator: Sorry
. I couldn't find my earlier message so used the notification email to find it. I posted a reply (which appeared in the 'General Support' forum) before reading the comments there about posting in the right forum.
Echo
Similar Threads
-
By wired in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2006, 04:29 AM
-
By richb01 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-26-2005, 11:46 PM
-
By comfortably numb in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-20-2005, 09:09 AM
-
By djbjrca in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 03:01 AM
-
By jchun in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99