Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I'm not able to write something!!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    I'm not able to write something!!!

    I rescued my Data with Knoppix from another PC and it was perfect. But now I want to rescue the personal Data from my second PC with Knoppix. But the PC has no Burner and so I'm not able to burn it on a CD like at my first PC. And now I tried to copy the Data on my USB-Stick. But then I have the problem that Knoppix is not able to write it on it. I have the same problem when I want to copy the Data on the other Partition. What I have to do or what I can do to rescue my Data. Why is Knoppix not able to write anything???

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    knoppix is read only by default, you rightclick and choose change read/write mode (or something like it, not on knoppix now)

Similar Threads

  1. How to write on HD?
    By RHCA in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 04:03 PM
  2. Cannot write to / in any way
    By UDHA in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 12:26 AM
  3. I CANNOT WRITE TO MY HD!!!!
    By mimes in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 12:24 AM
  4. Cannot write to HDs
    By tac in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:44 AM
  5. Cannot write to hd HELP!
    By Juggalo_X in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day picture

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day

$188.24



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00