-
Junior Member
registered user
Integrated Sound On Solec Mobo doesn't work
I'm having some troubles with my integrated Sound running in Knoppix 3.6. It's on a Soltec SL-K8TPro 939 mobo and it works great in Windows Xp. but when i boot knoppix, NOTHING. I dont know how to go about fixing such a problem and any advice would be great.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I checked the soltek website & they only offer drivers for windows. I checked the motherboard's PDF manual and on page 13 it says:
1-4.6 AC’97 Audio Codec on board
AC’97 Audio Codec Realtek ALC850 on board
• Supporting 8-channel display of PCM audio output
• 8 channel audio consists of Front-Out, Surround-Out, Center-Out,
Surround-Back-Out, MIC-In, Line-In, and Front-MIC-In for complete
surround sound effect
• SPDIF In/Out connector integrated in Back Panel supported by
ALC850 for digital interface format input/out.
• AC’97 Audio Codec Driver enclosed in Support CD for user’s
installation.
I searched google for ALC850 and linux or ALSA and turned up very few hits. Of the hits that I did find, it is usually someone mentioning the ALC850 in passing or even confirming it does not work with linux.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By saxguy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 06:15 PM
-
By b_rimes in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 02:57 PM
-
By Chris Lee in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 12:20 AM
-
By timothy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 05:20 PM
-
By blubu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY
$550.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers
$164.95