Don't worry about it. Mandrake Move solved the networking problem without hesitation. Was able to use the web browser immediatly after boot up.
Guess Knoppix isn't as good as everyone thinks.
NGS
Hi...
I've got 3 Dell computers:
2 Dell optoplex gx 1
1 Dell Dimention 4100
All three have the same network card 3com 3c918 integrated fast ethernet controller 3c905 -tx compatible (from win 98 net info)
the 2 optiplex can run knoppix with absolutely no, repeat no problem. The Dimension can't get an dhcp address. on boot up the dhcp request get backgrounded.
Any ideas? I know I should have more details but I'm tired and needed to get this posted. If you need more info I'll be happy to oblige.
thanks
NGS
Don't worry about it. Mandrake Move solved the networking problem without hesitation. Was able to use the web browser immediatly after boot up.
Guess Knoppix isn't as good as everyone thinks.
NGS

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99