-
Junior Member
registered user
Has anyone tried this? - fixed /boot for reload
I am thinking of setting my Knoppix system to boot off of Grub in a /boot partition.
What I plan to do is setup a /boot partition on my HD with all the Grub conf et cetera in it. Of course, when I reload a new Knoppix CD sometime in the future the /boot partition with Grub will not get mapped in fstab. If I don't set the MBR with lilo, I expect not to mess up my Grub MBR boot. I will have to boot from a floppy or CD the first time while I change the fstab on the HD so that everything comes up ok. And fix the /boot directory that Knoppix sets in the fs. Is my thinking right? Once Grub is setup the first time everything looks straight-forward after that. I will add the new kernel stuff and modules as it becomes available.
This will allow me to keep the partition without it getting overwritten by lilo each time I reload a new version of Knoppix. I like some systems to play with and others for production!
At first, I was a little put off with the lack of being able to load into multiple partitions during the install of Knoppix, but I am seeing that this is not totally bad.
Similar Threads
-
By RT in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2004, 09:18 AM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 06:03 AM
-
By brinstar117 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 01:46 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 11:09 PM
-
By heathenx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$246.00

Full Version MS Office Professional Plus 2021 - 64-Bit Flash USB Drive Install
$59.99

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90