-
Senior Member
registered user
When I install any flavor of Linux I always install LILO to the /root partition of that installation. Then I simply edit LILO in the MBR and add "/dev/hd?" and Label="blah" rerun /sbin/lilo and it shows up nicely in my animated ice skating penguin LILO boot screen. I don't do GRUB but it is the same for any boot manager. So technically I use LILO twice everytime I boot an OS.
BTW- When you install Knoppix and select 'no' to install LILO to MBR it is installed instead to the /root partition.
Similar Threads
-
By RT in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2004, 09:18 AM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 06:03 AM
-
By brinstar117 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 01:46 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 11:09 PM
-
By heathenx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(LOT of 8) Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12 DDR4 Cisco Server RAM Tested 100%
$1299.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Lot Of 20 Mixed Brand DDR4 8GB PC4-2400T-SA1-11 Laptop RAM Memory
$499.99

SK hynix 16GB (2x8GB) DDR5-5600 SO-DIMM Laptop RAM ECC 262pin HMCG66AGBSA095N
$140.00

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95