-
Senior Member
registered user
When I install any flavor of Linux I always install LILO to the /root partition of that installation. Then I simply edit LILO in the MBR and add "/dev/hd?" and Label="blah" rerun /sbin/lilo and it shows up nicely in my animated ice skating penguin LILO boot screen. I don't do GRUB but it is the same for any boot manager. So technically I use LILO twice everytime I boot an OS.
BTW- When you install Knoppix and select 'no' to install LILO to MBR it is installed instead to the /root partition.
Similar Threads
-
By RT in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2004, 09:18 AM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 06:03 AM
-
By brinstar117 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 01:46 AM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 11:09 PM
-
By heathenx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC ThunderBay 4 mini 4-Bay 2.5" Thunderbolt 3 RAID Enclosure [Diskless]
$185.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00