Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix on DVD-RW ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix on DVD-RW ?

    Can this work? I am not a programer but this could be a good idea. Knoppix with file storage for Programs, Photos, mp3s, small Downloads ,ect...

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    it has been discussed before, search some.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    305
    If you utilize Klik format for compressed image files (.cmg), a DVD+RW of Knoppix 3.7 or the new 3.8 will allow the addition of .cmg files by download.

    Read about it in Knoppix forum Klik.

    This methodology permits using the full DVD capacity of 4.4GB.

    In addition, Knoppixv3.8Cebit just released to bittorrent allows the use of unionFS which enhances the Knoppix capability as well.


    Best to you.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1

    New to this

    Hi all,

    I am very new to Knoppix, so if this has been discussed to death, please point me in the right direction.

    Want to run Knoppix on my Notebook, so I created the ISO on a DVD-RW (Normal burn ISO to disk). All changes I make, eg. date format, time settings etc are lost when I restart. Is there a way to burn it onto a DVD, and keep the rest of the DVD space open to have Knoppix write changes directly onto the disk? I have seen the mention of Klik, but I am afraid I don't understand completely.

    Any help will be much appreciated.

    Ta

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black picture

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black

$500.00



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00