Hello to all. After 13 years of playing around in DOS and growing up in the Windows Family, I have decided to expand my horizons and learn Unix/Linux. However, the only thing I know about the subject is how to spell it! With the various flavors of Linux, the hundreds of books published, and the thousand of pages devoted to, where would one recommend me to start?
I ran across Knoppix while searching for a bootable iso. I downloaded it, burned it to a CD and was simply blown away!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Michael.
surf arount this and similar forums, you lern LOTS. and go to the Linux Documentation Project, they have TONS of stuff.
and for basic consle wor i could recomned http://floppix.com .
especially their labs, not 100% up to date but...
http://floppix.com/labs.html here you find basic admin tasks and good explanations of them. as i said not 100% up to date but...

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Qty: 30 Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW / SEALED
$500.00
CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850
$16.99
Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99
20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack
$299.00