-
Another sound problem
Here is my lspci -v
root@ttyp2[knoppix]# lspci -v
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82875P Memory Controller Hub (rev 02)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80f6
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
Capabilities: [e4] #09 [2106]
Capabilities: [a0] AGP version 3.0
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82875P Processor to AGP Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 64
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=64
Memory behind bridge: fa800000-fe8fffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: bff00000-dfefffff
0000:00:03.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82875P Processor to PCI to CSA Bridge (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 64
Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
I/O behind bridge: 0000c000-0000cfff
Memory behind bridge: fe900000-fe9fffff
0000:00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #1 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. P4P800 Mainboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
I/O ports at ef00 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #2 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. P4P800 Mainboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
I/O ports at ef20 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #3 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. P4P800 Mainboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
I/O ports at ef40 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #4 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. P4P800 Mainboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
I/O ports at ef80 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. P4P800 Mainboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
Memory at febffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [58] #0a [20a0]
0000:00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801 PCI Bridge (rev c2) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=03, sec-latency=64
I/O behind bridge: 0000d000-0000dfff
Memory behind bridge: fea00000-feafffff
0000:00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Bridge (rev 02)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
0000:00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) Ultra ATA 100 Storage Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. P4P800 Mainboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at fc00 [size=16]
Memory at 80000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
0000:00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) SMBus Controller (rev 02)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. P4P800 Mainboard
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 17
I/O ports at 0400 [size=32]
0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. P4P800 Mainboard
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
I/O ports at e800 [size=256]
I/O ports at ee80 [size=64]
Memory at febff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
Memory at febff400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation: Unknown device 0045 (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Unknown device 3842:a344
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
Memory at fd000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
Memory at c0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
Memory at fc000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
Expansion ROM at fe8e0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [44] AGP version 3.0
0000:02:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82547EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (LOM)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80f7
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
Memory at fe9e0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
I/O ports at cf80 [size=32]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
0000:03:03.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host Controller (rev 46) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 808a
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 20
Memory at feaff800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
I/O ports at dc00 [size=128]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
0000:03:04.0 RAID bus controller: Promise Technology, Inc. PDC20378 (FastTrak 378/SATA 37
(rev 02)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. PC-DL Deluxe motherboard
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 96, IRQ 23
I/O ports at df00 [size=64]
I/O ports at dfa0 [size=16]
I/O ports at d880 [size=128]
Memory at feafe000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Memory at feac0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 2
0000:03:0d.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 07)
Subsystem: Creative Labs SB Live! 5.1 Model SB0100
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 21
I/O ports at df80 [size=32]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1
0000:03:0d.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! MIDI/Game Port (rev 07)
Subsystem: Creative Labs Gameport Joystick
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64
I/O ports at dfe0 [size=8]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1
I am using a sound blaster live 5.1 card on a asus p4c800-e deluxe mobo that has the latest bios. It is using the EMU10k1 drivers...all though I have also tried the intel8x0 drivers..as well as the "100% soundblaster compatible" drivers (can't remember their name, but this was their description) I have tried all of this in both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels. I have enabled sound in my control center..and I tried that trick where you go to .kde config and edit the hidden file and turn everything from false to true. This is the file and its location below
/home/<username>/.kde/share/config/knotifyrc
however I dont think this worked because I didnt have aRts enable. ARts is about the only thing I havent tried simply bacuse I do not know how. It seems to be my last possibilty. Also if someone could tell me how to enable alsa so I can try that. I think if i enable alsa and change the output plugin within xmms I may have a shot. Anyways...if anyone sees an option for me or knows what im doing wrong by all means please help me.
Similar Threads
-
By NateDog in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-05-2006, 03:36 PM
-
By daandaan in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 07:15 PM
-
By gfrick in forum General Support
Replies: 21
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
-
By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 06:21 PM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2003, 03:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99