-
newbie - network setup, wireless connection help
Hi. The last couple of days I have been trying to get online with Knoppix and SLAX - which I have been told are the two best Live distros. My problem with both is that neither can seem to "wake up" my wireless device.
I have an IBM Thinkpad R40 with a built-in "AIRONET Wireless Communications Cisco Aironet Wirless 802.11b" that I normally use with Win XP to connect to the Internet and LAN at work. I want a Live distro so I do not have to worry about a setup on my HDD.
Long story short, what the heck do I do to get my aironet card working? It does not light up, I cannot find it on a device list; I am rather clueless and frustrated.
I did run a configuration program and I found some options to enable the card for the kernel - newbie talk here - and since I do not have an Internet connection while in Knoppix I cannot tell you the exact syntax. Anyway, I think I was able to enable the card or driver, but still nothing shows up ... no blinking lights or anything, so I must be missing something.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can point me in some sort of direction to get this device working!
Similar Threads
-
By Compfreak in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-13-2006, 05:35 AM
-
By zx2max in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 10:42 PM
-
By synal in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-13-2005, 04:02 PM
-
By PrOmETeO in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
-
By ShonenFan in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-01-2003, 07:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00
$279.00