Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How can I mount the Knoppix iso?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    How can I mount the Knoppix iso?

    I tried to mount the iso file and but I get only a few files and one large file <mountpath>KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX that seems to contain all I really want to mount. But when I try to mount this file with "mount -r -t iso9660 -o loop <mountpath>KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX <mountpoint2>" I get an error:

    mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop1,
    or too many mounted file systems
    (could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
    ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    The big KNOPPIX file is a compressed loopback image ( cloop ) file. I googled & came up with http://www.stirnimann.com/mystuff/doc/knoppix.txt. Scroll down or search for:
    2. Unpack the KNOPPIX source

    I also found http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=61106#61106 which describes a similar process.
    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. nfs mount: mount: RPC: Program not registered
    By markpelletier in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
  2. Cannot mount LVM in Knoppix 4.0?
    By MaldiGola in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-30-2005, 09:32 AM
  3. How can I mount knoppix image on cd?
    By ciccio in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:47 AM
  4. Knoppix can no longer mount HD0 !!?
    By audioaficionado in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 10:26 AM
  5. knoppix doesnt mount my dvd rom
    By thewalkingman in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 10:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6 picture

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6

$210.00



Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram picture

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram

$960.00



LOT OF 4  Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ picture

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ

$469.95



LOT OF 6 Samsung 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V M386A8K40BM2-CTD6Q Server RAM picture

LOT OF 6 Samsung 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V M386A8K40BM2-CTD6Q Server RAM

$1799.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot of 3~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V-LE2 Server RAM Memory DDR4 picture

Lot of 3~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 4DRx4 PC4-2666V-LE2 Server RAM Memory DDR4

$600.00



Lot of 2~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB3 Server RAM Memory DDR4 picture

Lot of 2~BAD~NON-WORKING Micron 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y-RB3 Server RAM Memory DDR4

$400.00



Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM picture

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM

$74.50



LOT OF 2  SK Hynix 8GB  1Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC  HMA81GR7CJR8N-XN picture

LOT OF 2 SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC HMA81GR7CJR8N-XN

$89.95