Dear all,
I setup an ssh server with knoppix in a network with DHCP address assignement (there's no alternative).
The problem is that:
1) if the network switch goes down,
2) the ethernet interface goes down and *remains* down also if the switch, after some hours, restarts.
3) So I cannot remotely access to the server *anymore*.
I don't know if this is a "feature" or a bug in the ethernet card driver or in the "pump -i eth0" command.
In case it's a "feature": how can I automate the recovery of the card in case of switch failure?
In case it's a bug...![]()
Thank you for any suggestion/help
Paolo

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99