Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Configuring Syntax USB-400 wireless lan adapter

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    Configuring Syntax USB-400 wireless lan adapter

    Hi

    I'm a Linux newbie.... just downloaded and installed Knoppix Version 3.6.

    I had my USB adapter plugged in during knoppix startup and I couldn't connect to internet.

    A quick serach on Google revealed that I download drivers from www.linux-wlan.com. Sad part is that the readme.txt says I've to recompile kernel....

    Is there any other way I can install/configure my LAN adapter.

    Thank you
    Ramesh

    PS: Might be a very dumb one... bear with me I'm very new to linux

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2

    My Cisco Aironet 350 Series card saved me

    Hi

    I've a Cisco Aironet 350 Series Lan Adapter Card. I inserted this and tried rebooting Knoppix. Voila! this time knoppix identified the card and I'm able to connect to the internet.

    I Love knoppix - Making life easier elegantly

    - Ramesh

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5

    Did you ever get the Syntax USB400 to work?

    I have a Syntax USB400 Wireless card too. Were you ever able to get your's to work?

    I'm using Knoppix 3.7 on a live CD.

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3

    Configuring Syntax USB-400 wireless lan adapter

    The required modules are already in Knoppix 3.6 and 3.7

    Try this:

    1) try this with the live CD

    2) plug device in

    3) In root terminal enter:

    ifconfig eth0 down (may not need this step at all even with ethernet card)
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    iwconfig wlan0 essid="your router's ssid in quotations"
    pump -i wlan0


    You should then be connected unless you have some security measures on your router
    like WEP, in which case you have to enter that using iwconfig also.

    If this works with the live CD then it will work on the harddrive install except Linux will remember
    your essid and WEP and connect automatically.

    I have used this on both Knoppix 3.6 and 3.7.

    I am nowhere near an expert so I hope this works for you.
    I also have some commands for modprobing the driver prism2_usb, but I don't believe
    they are necessary. I never had to download drivers, they were already there.

    I had a terrible time with my sisters' network and her new computer because I forgot I had used
    a WEP key.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5
    Thanks I'll give it a try.

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless USB 2.0 adapter
    By phiepr in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 12:39 PM
  2. Need help with D-Link DWL-122 wireless lan adapter
    By Mark Walter in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 01:15 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 02:03 AM
  4. What Wireless Adapter ?
    By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:54 AM
  5. Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter
    By jeff_20_ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 03:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7 picture

GIGABYTE H610M S2H V2 Motherboard, Supports 14th/13th/12th Gen Intel Core i5 i7

$69.59



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$71.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



JINSHA B450M B450 AM4 MicroATX Motherboard DDR4 2DIMM M.2 W/ IO SHIELD picture

JINSHA B450M B450 AM4 MicroATX Motherboard DDR4 2DIMM M.2 W/ IO SHIELD

$53.99



ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING LGA1151 DDR4 ATX Motherboard With IO Inlucded picture

ASUS TUF Z390-PRO GAMING LGA1151 DDR4 ATX Motherboard With IO Inlucded

$100.00



MSI B560M Pro-E LGA 1200 Intel B560 M-ATX Intel Motherboard Intel 10th 11th gen picture

MSI B560M Pro-E LGA 1200 Intel B560 M-ATX Intel Motherboard Intel 10th 11th gen

$69.99