Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Restoring Knoppix Partition From an image File

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Restoring Knoppix Partition From an image File

    Well, now I've done it. I trashed my Knoppix partition. We will skip my stupidity and get to the silver lining.

    That good news is I had made a backup to an image file just last week of my hdb2 partition. It resides on: /dev/hdb6/hdb2.img

    Obviously I want to restore this.

    Do I just "mount -t /dev/hdb6/hdb2.img" and "dd" it to the /dev/hdb2 partition?

    I guess I should reformat /dev/hdb2 first though to clean it up. Any tips here before I attempt this?

    sakiZ

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    50
    How did you create the image? With dd? If so, you just need to mount /dev/hdb6 and type:
    Code:
    dd if=/mnt/hdb6/hdb2.img of=/dev/hdb2

Similar Threads

  1. Restoring dd image issues
    By RobertCo in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 08:56 AM
  2. Knoppix HDD image on vfat partition booting problem
    By Pessoft in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 09:36 PM
  3. restoring my windows xp partition
    By voipss in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 03:52 AM
  4. How to Image an NTFS partition with Knoppix
    By wooac in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 11:16 PM
  5. restoring partition
    By thesystem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 06:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16

$159.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$30.00



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



Samsung M393AAK40B42-CWD7Y 128GB 2S4rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12-DB1 SERVER RAM ECC picture

Samsung M393AAK40B42-CWD7Y 128GB 2S4rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12-DB1 SERVER RAM ECC

$550.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980 picture

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980

$39.99