Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Restoring Knoppix Partition From an image File

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Restoring Knoppix Partition From an image File

    Well, now I've done it. I trashed my Knoppix partition. We will skip my stupidity and get to the silver lining.

    That good news is I had made a backup to an image file just last week of my hdb2 partition. It resides on: /dev/hdb6/hdb2.img

    Obviously I want to restore this.

    Do I just "mount -t /dev/hdb6/hdb2.img" and "dd" it to the /dev/hdb2 partition?

    I guess I should reformat /dev/hdb2 first though to clean it up. Any tips here before I attempt this?

    sakiZ

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    50
    How did you create the image? With dd? If so, you just need to mount /dev/hdb6 and type:
    Code:
    dd if=/mnt/hdb6/hdb2.img of=/dev/hdb2

Similar Threads

  1. Restoring dd image issues
    By RobertCo in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-31-2006, 08:56 AM
  2. Knoppix HDD image on vfat partition booting problem
    By Pessoft in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 09:36 PM
  3. restoring my windows xp partition
    By voipss in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 03:52 AM
  4. How to Image an NTFS partition with Knoppix
    By wooac in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2004, 11:16 PM
  5. restoring partition
    By thesystem in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 06:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare picture

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare

$380.00



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67



Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller picture

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller

$499.99