If the windows installation CD won't do formatting, I would use a windows boot floppy for this. I don't really see the point of using linux to format windows partitions.
I have to reformat 10 hard drives (each one is between 5 and 15 gb). Which would be the best way to reformat the hard drives? I will be installing windows 95 on all of them. Is there any way I could reformat the hard drives in knoppix? Is this the best, if there is a way, or are there some better ways using a bootable floppy?
If the windows installation CD won't do formatting, I would use a windows boot floppy for this. I don't really see the point of using linux to format windows partitions.
Ok
Just out of curiosity...how would I format a hard drive in linux?
fdisk or cfdisk to make the partitions.
mkfs.msdos or mkfs.vfat to make a Windows FAT16/32 partition.
Qtparted will both partition and format if your into GUI.

Hitachi HDS723030ALA640 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5in HDD, Low Power-On Hours
$49.00
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
NEW Sealed Toshiba N300 Pro 10TB NAS HDD 7200RPM
$299.99