If the windows installation CD won't do formatting, I would use a windows boot floppy for this. I don't really see the point of using linux to format windows partitions.
I have to reformat 10 hard drives (each one is between 5 and 15 gb). Which would be the best way to reformat the hard drives? I will be installing windows 95 on all of them. Is there any way I could reformat the hard drives in knoppix? Is this the best, if there is a way, or are there some better ways using a bootable floppy?
If the windows installation CD won't do formatting, I would use a windows boot floppy for this. I don't really see the point of using linux to format windows partitions.
Ok
Just out of curiosity...how would I format a hard drive in linux?
fdisk or cfdisk to make the partitions.
mkfs.msdos or mkfs.vfat to make a Windows FAT16/32 partition.
Qtparted will both partition and format if your into GUI.

Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo MiniDock Portable Mini Dock M7780 Vintage Mac RARE
$136.99
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
Original Early Vintage Macintosh Joystick for IIe IIc A2M2012 Untested
$99.00
VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00
Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119
$292.92
Vintage MAC Data Desk 101E Model 1069 Keyboard QWERTY Bundle with Box
$99.99
Vintage APPLE KEYBOARD II & DESKTOP BUS MOUSE Macintosh M0487 M2706 UNTESTED
$59.95
VTG 2001 Apple Mac OS X v10.0.3 Retail Software CD OEM With SEALED Manual See..
$58.97
Apple A1243 Aluminum Wired Keyboard Full Sized Slim, Genuine Mac TESTED
$24.95