-
Junior Member
registered user
cfdisk and partioning (I know there is already much about it
Hi Folks,
dropping into knoppix, I realised that there is also a siegfried distri around that seems to be useful for my scenario at home.
It is based on knoppix 3.3 afaik so it should be a kernel above 2.4.19
I am noob on linux although I am looking into the scene for quit some years now.
Here is my problem:
I manually configured my partinions with cfdisk and for a first run I'd like to have 3 primes with
/dev/hda1 as swap (500MB)
/dev/hda2 as root (2,5GB)
/dev/hda3 (~152 GB) that I tried to set as home
root is ext3 I did try to set the type to hda3 also to ext3 but it does not display as for hda1 and hda2. There it says 'swap' and 'ext3' behind the partionions. Hda3 has nothing behind it.
writing the ptable cfdisk tells me that it could not reload partition table and asks for a reboot.
After rebooting it shows the same scenario. I tried to set it as 'swap' than it is shown but I do not need 2 swaps.
Where is the mistake?
Thanks in advance
McGyver
Similar Threads
-
By lost-member in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-21-2006, 04:40 AM
-
By giant_toaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-21-2005, 08:30 PM
-
By patelbhavesh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:12 AM
-
By e.newed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 05:20 AM
-
By douglas2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99