-
Re: I think I do not have to understand everything

Originally Posted by
McGyver
... ok I did it with qtparted instead of cfdisk and now I have set it to jfs, but cfdisk still shows me nothing than Linux for hda3 is this ok?
That's probably ok, IIRC cfdisk says nothing more for me either. You could check with "sudo fdisk -l" but it should work. I take it you clicked "commit" in qtparted and formatted the partition.
I think I will not need more than the 2,5 GB because I do not need something like open office because the only purpose will be a file server for linux clients and a samba for backup or so.
Should be enough for that. I have a Kanotix install as an ssh server and the root takes up ~1,2 GB and I could still remove a lot, like the X-server.
Similar Threads
-
By lost-member in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-21-2006, 04:40 AM
-
By giant_toaster in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-21-2005, 08:30 PM
-
By patelbhavesh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:12 AM
-
By e.newed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 05:20 AM
-
By douglas2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99