Hello,
I just bought a MSI MS-8216 DVD-ROM and installed it as IDE1, master. It is detected by the bios (which only allows to boot from CD-ROM, as it's older), but you cannot boot a DVD from it. When trying to boot a Knoppix CD-ROM (I tried Knoppix 3.3, 3.4, 3.6 and 3.7) on that drive, the boot process freezes during the AGP detection step. Before, I had a Toshiba CD-ROM where the DVD-ROM is now and all mentioned Knoppixes worked well!
Furthermore, I have Knoppix 3.3 on HDD. When I boot that and try to mount the DVD, it works only when I try to read CDs, but not with DVDs. Note: The DVD I used for testing runs nicely on different PCs, hence it is not corrupt.
What shall I do?
Thanks & greetings,
Oli

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$250.00
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00