-
Junior Member
registered user
MSI MS-8216 DVD-ROM
Hello,
I just bought a MSI MS-8216 DVD-ROM and installed it as IDE1, master. It is detected by the bios (which only allows to boot from CD-ROM, as it's older), but you cannot boot a DVD from it. When trying to boot a Knoppix CD-ROM (I tried Knoppix 3.3, 3.4, 3.6 and 3.7) on that drive, the boot process freezes during the AGP detection step. Before, I had a Toshiba CD-ROM where the DVD-ROM is now and all mentioned Knoppixes worked well!
Furthermore, I have Knoppix 3.3 on HDD. When I boot that and try to mount the DVD, it works only when I try to read CDs, but not with DVDs. Note: The DVD I used for testing runs nicely on different PCs, hence it is not corrupt.
What shall I do?
Thanks & greetings,
Oli
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Meudeen 14500 Pa Computer Vacuum Cleaner Mini & 110000RPM Compressed Air Duster
$44.27

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US
$21.98

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$80.66