-
more problems with locales, help!
Hello,
I'm new to the whole forum thing so I apolozige in advance if I'm doing something wrong or asking the wrong group... anyway here is my problem
I have installed Knoppix 3.2 on my sony laptop pcg-grv680 after having problems with RedHat 8.0 & 7.3 and it seems to work great! with a few minor exceptions... this one here being the big problem
I had a problem installing locales and tried several of the suggestions I read here including editing the /etc/locale.gen file. I tried to remove it too... I don't know when the actual problem I'm have now started but basically when I try to add a package it starts
Setting up locales (2.3.1-16) ...
Generating locales...
en_US.ISO-8859-1...
But it hangs here... It uses 99% of cpu and after several minutes I typed <cntr> C to stop it. I can't seem to configure it or remove it or install it or anything... Anyone know what I can do to fix or atleast get back to the problem where it does not work but does not hang forever? Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By mschievano in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-06-2004, 08:21 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 05:44 AM
-
By maltta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

CISCO SFP-10G-SR V03 10-2415-03 NEW SEALED
$39.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10gbase-SR transceiver SFP+ (XVR-00001-02)
$9.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90