I have got xp and Knoppix on the same harddrive with different partitions. I want to use the NTLDR to select between os's, and I have modified the boot.ini so one of the selections is for knoppix and the other is for XP.
In Knoppix I have used the dd comand to create a linux boot file. dd if=/dev/hda3 bs=512 count=1 of=/mnt/floppy/knoppix.bin
I copied that file to the root of the c drive, but when i select knoppix i get the screen is just black and will not boot Knoppix!
When i press a key the screen is black.
I think i need to create a new knoppix.bin file because i did not edit anything i just used the dd command and i dont think the linux boot file is poinmting to hda3.
Any ideas!!
Thanks
Jacko

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99
Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette
$9.99