-
Help mounting and unmounting partitions on desktop
I posted this like more than two days ago, but I guess no one looks at the place where I posted my questions, so I'm going to try here.
I have been using knopppix for about three months and I really love it the way and its easiness for letting me customize it and add new packages. I found it to be very stable most of the 95% of the time.
However, I have one issue with it that I haven't been able to resolve Confused
I need clear step by step instructions on:
1- how to set my hardrive and cdrom icons to be permanently located or mounted under one specifc folder on my desktop or whatever destination I may choose.
2- how to stop the disappearing of my preferred hardrive and cdrom image icons that I have assigned to these devices and prevent them from setting themselves back to default everytime everytime I reboot my computer.
3- and last, how to stop one of these devices from mounting or apperaring onto my desktop. In other words there is one specifc hardrive or partion that I don't want to show(mount) at all onto my desktop.
I have tried modifying and deleting some lines in the fstab, but it seems the it always go back to the its default modificatons. Thus, the lines that I delete or modified go come back to the previous way that they were before.
Please help with this and thank you in advance
Best regards,
LC
--------------------------------------------------------------
Knoppix 3.7 HD installed
Intel Pentium 4 2.40 Ghz
768 Megs of Ram
Similar Threads
-
By emergingdzns in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-20-2007, 06:23 PM
-
By michapma in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-24-2006, 12:41 PM
-
By dysfunctional in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 09:39 AM
-
By Chefren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-29-2005, 02:30 AM
-
By lilpaul in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01