Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Impossible to move or resize windows

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5

    Impossible to move or resize windows

    Hi all,
    I'm using Knoppix from release 3.4. Now, on some installations I noticed that, after some days without problems, occasionally *all the windows* become "sticky" and I cannot move them or resize. I have to logout from KDE and then login again.

    Did anybody experience the same problem? Has it something to to with XFree in non-framebuffer mode?

    Thank you for any help!
    Paolo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5

    Re: Impossible to move or resize windows

    Quote Originally Posted by paoloskater
    Hi all,
    I'm using Knoppix from release 3.4. Now, on some installations I noticed that, after some days without problems, occasionally *all the windows* become "sticky" and I cannot move them or resize. I have to logout from KDE and then login again.

    Did anybody experience the same problem? Has it something to to with XFree in non-framebuffer mode?

    Thank you for any help!
    Paolo
    It's not good practice answering your own questions, however, for people who can have experienced the same problem, it seems to be a bug of KDE.
    Check cannot-move-windows-after-being-logged-in..., fixed in the CVS. http://webcvs.kde.org/kdebase/kwin/e...1.83&view=auto

    I know no workaround, any suggestion is welcome (instead of waiting next release of KDE...).

    Kind regards
    Paolo

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to Resize Windows Filesystem for Knoppix/DEB Install
    By rossi in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 09:24 PM
  2. ultra newbie question!!!! how do I move the windows?
    By truefate in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:16 PM
  3. Mozilla+xprint=impossible
    By nishtya in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 11:15 PM
  4. Impossible to boot with mbr or from partition
    By spade in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
  5. Impossible to start X
    By gommans in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz picture

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz

$87.00



SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM picture

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM

$499.99



Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A picture

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A

$299.95



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$159.95



Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested

$29.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00