Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Impossible to move or resize windows

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5

    Impossible to move or resize windows

    Hi all,
    I'm using Knoppix from release 3.4. Now, on some installations I noticed that, after some days without problems, occasionally *all the windows* become "sticky" and I cannot move them or resize. I have to logout from KDE and then login again.

    Did anybody experience the same problem? Has it something to to with XFree in non-framebuffer mode?

    Thank you for any help!
    Paolo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5

    Re: Impossible to move or resize windows

    Quote Originally Posted by paoloskater
    Hi all,
    I'm using Knoppix from release 3.4. Now, on some installations I noticed that, after some days without problems, occasionally *all the windows* become "sticky" and I cannot move them or resize. I have to logout from KDE and then login again.

    Did anybody experience the same problem? Has it something to to with XFree in non-framebuffer mode?

    Thank you for any help!
    Paolo
    It's not good practice answering your own questions, however, for people who can have experienced the same problem, it seems to be a bug of KDE.
    Check cannot-move-windows-after-being-logged-in..., fixed in the CVS. http://webcvs.kde.org/kdebase/kwin/e...1.83&view=auto

    I know no workaround, any suggestion is welcome (instead of waiting next release of KDE...).

    Kind regards
    Paolo

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to Resize Windows Filesystem for Knoppix/DEB Install
    By rossi in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 09:24 PM
  2. ultra newbie question!!!! how do I move the windows?
    By truefate in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:16 PM
  3. Mozilla+xprint=impossible
    By nishtya in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 11:15 PM
  4. Impossible to boot with mbr or from partition
    By spade in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
  5. Impossible to start X
    By gommans in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD. picture

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.

$629.99



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$200.00



Ibm Computer Tower picture

Ibm Computer Tower

$400.00



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested picture

IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested

$499.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99