Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Impossible to move or resize windows

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5

    Impossible to move or resize windows

    Hi all,
    I'm using Knoppix from release 3.4. Now, on some installations I noticed that, after some days without problems, occasionally *all the windows* become "sticky" and I cannot move them or resize. I have to logout from KDE and then login again.

    Did anybody experience the same problem? Has it something to to with XFree in non-framebuffer mode?

    Thank you for any help!
    Paolo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5

    Re: Impossible to move or resize windows

    Quote Originally Posted by paoloskater
    Hi all,
    I'm using Knoppix from release 3.4. Now, on some installations I noticed that, after some days without problems, occasionally *all the windows* become "sticky" and I cannot move them or resize. I have to logout from KDE and then login again.

    Did anybody experience the same problem? Has it something to to with XFree in non-framebuffer mode?

    Thank you for any help!
    Paolo
    It's not good practice answering your own questions, however, for people who can have experienced the same problem, it seems to be a bug of KDE.
    Check cannot-move-windows-after-being-logged-in..., fixed in the CVS. http://webcvs.kde.org/kdebase/kwin/e...1.83&view=auto

    I know no workaround, any suggestion is welcome (instead of waiting next release of KDE...).

    Kind regards
    Paolo

Similar Threads

  1. Trying to Resize Windows Filesystem for Knoppix/DEB Install
    By rossi in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 09:24 PM
  2. ultra newbie question!!!! how do I move the windows?
    By truefate in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:16 PM
  3. Mozilla+xprint=impossible
    By nishtya in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 11:15 PM
  4. Impossible to boot with mbr or from partition
    By spade in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
  5. Impossible to start X
    By gommans in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-07-2003, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter picture

apple oem 20w charger usb-c power adapter

$9.99



Genuine Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter Wall Charger Block MacBook Air iPad OEM picture

Genuine Apple 30W USB-C Power Adapter Wall Charger Block MacBook Air iPad OEM

$14.39



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air picture

Genuine OEM Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable for MacBook Pro Air

$8.99



Apple 140W USB-C OEM Power Charger AC Adapter MLYU3AM/A A2452 - OB - Genuine picture

Apple 140W USB-C OEM Power Charger AC Adapter MLYU3AM/A A2452 - OB - Genuine

$40.00



Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good picture

Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good

$20.59



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$18.00



LOT OF 2 OEM APPLE MAGSAFE POWER ADAPTERS - MD A1172 AND MD A1222 picture

LOT OF 2 OEM APPLE MAGSAFE POWER ADAPTERS - MD A1172 AND MD A1222

$25.00



Apple 96W USB-C Power Adapter - White - Genuine OEM - NEW SEALED - MacBook Pro picture

Apple 96W USB-C Power Adapter - White - Genuine OEM - NEW SEALED - MacBook Pro

$44.99