-
hd install - no boot or L 9999
Hello,
I already installed various Linux distros besides Knoppix 3.7 but never ran in so much trouble as in the last 3 days.
I tried to install 3.7 on two computers
1) workstation 3.2 GHZ, 3 HD, 80 GB, 250 GB, 250 GB SATA
2) notebook T40, 30 GB
on both XP is installed on the first partition (NTFS)
on the notebook Linux was installed previously and I just wanted to reinstall it due to some user mistakes ....
I managed to format the SATA HD to ext3 and fat32 (prev. fat and NTFS)
OS partition were fat32 or already ext3
sudo knoppix-installer works fine, debian-installer way, lilo to mbr, tried kernel 2.4 and 2.6. However booting my workstation results in booting MS Win, no Linux bootmanager visible, booting my notebook results in "L 99 99 99 ..." and no OS is booting up.
I already found that the L 99 99 ... message is due to some lilo problems, but I am suprised that it worked a couple of months ago and now fails.
How do I solve that ?
How do I convince my workstation to recognize the mbr?
Any more infos needed? just tell me and I will post them.
TIA, Martin
Similar Threads
-
By \/\/inblowz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:36 PM
-
By SGT geek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 16
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 04:54 PM
-
By phillip in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2003, 09:13 PM
-
By Vapor in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 08:56 PM
-
By jmpereira in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2003, 12:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49