-
Have you tried Wine?
Wine is -not- a Windows emulator, it runs Windows apps in native mode, so it may take some effort to get the applications to run. I'm a Linux newbie and have Knoppix 3.7. I tried running every Windows app on my system the other day: only 3 or 4 ran well, and unfortunately they were not apps I use alot. I suspect that if I spend some time and set things up properly (copying .dll files to the "fake Windows directory", etc.) I may be able to get more applications to work.
Cedega and Crossover Office are commercial versions of Wine, and although not free, are not expensive either.
Paul
Similar Threads
-
By dvryknopper in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-31-2006, 05:56 AM
-
By merrik in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:38 PM
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 05:29 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 06:21 PM
-
By Kevin Cannon in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-05-2003, 08:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

Intel Core i7-11700KF 3.60GHz 8 Core SRKNN 16 Thread LGA 1200 USED
$180.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99