I posted this like more than two days ago, but I guess no one looks at the place where I posted my questions, so I'm going to try here.
I have been using knopppix for about three months and I really love it the way and its easiness for letting me customize it and add new packages. I found it to be very stable most of the 95% of the time.
However, I have one issue with it that I haven't been able to resolve Confused
I need clear step by step instructions on:
1- how to set my hardrive and cdrom icons to be permanently located or mounted under one specifc folder on my desktop or whatever destination I may choose.
2- how to stop the disappearing of my preferred hardrive and cdrom image icons that I have assigned to these devices and prevent them from setting themselves back to default everytime everytime I reboot my computer.
3- and last, how to stop one of these devices from mounting or apperaring onto my desktop. In other words there is one specifc hardrive or partion that I don't want to show(mount) at all onto my desktop.
I have tried modifying and deleting some lines in the fstab, but it seems the it always go back to the its default modificatons. Thus, the lines that I delete or modified go come back to the previous way that they were before.
Please help with this and thank you in advance
Best regards,
LC
--------------------------------------------------------------
Knoppix 3.7 HD installed
Intel Pentium 4 2.40 Ghz
768 Megs of Ram

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE
$149.99
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit #2
$838.50
Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99
External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00