Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: using a PDA as a usb flash drive

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30

    using a PDA as a usb flash drive

    ok, so I dl'd a program (in windows) that will let me use my palm tungsten| e as a flash drive. It works fine in windows, but I can't seem to access it in linux.
    I don't know where to look for it! I tried sda1, but that was my external HD, so I tried sda, and that was empty. When I call usbview, it shows that there's a "usb-storage" device attached to my hub. So what do I do now?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30
    ok, I downloaded an update, and it seems to be detected now. It gets mounted (?) on the fly, but I only have read permissions. What could the problem be?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2
    Right click on it and choose actions change the permission to read/write.

Similar Threads

  1. USB Flash Drive
    By allanz in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 05:20 AM
  2. Copy file from hard drive to usb flash drive
    By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
  3. Permanent home onto Sandisk USB flash drive ruined drive
    By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
  4. usb flash drive
    By mmaarrcc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 09:03 AM
  5. Using a USB flash drive as RAM.....
    By Rggoalie3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 05:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St... picture

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...

$64.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



Electric Air Duster & Small Vacuum, 130000RPM, 2in1 Cleaner picture

Electric Air Duster & Small Vacuum, 130000RPM, 2in1 Cleaner

$70.96



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



Compressed Air Duster,150000Rpm Electric Air Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag Vacuum picture

Compressed Air Duster,150000Rpm Electric Air Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag Vacuum

$72.62