-
Knoppix using 1680x1050 with ATI Radeon 9800 pro
Hi,
I'm kind of new to Knoppix in that I've toyed around with it a little but haven't done much more. Well, now I'd like to get the most out of it and so I'm trying to figure out how to get it to use my Dell 2005fpw (LCD) monitor's native resolution of 1680x1050. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro card.
At the boot prompt I tried using knoppix vga=normal knoppix screen=1680x1050 but that did not work. I think it may be due to the vga=normal part. Has anybody gotten this to work themselves and/or knows the correct way to get this working? (Stretched 1024x768 just doesn't cut it anymore!)
Thanks in advance!
-
by chance do u have a linux driver which can support it? right now on my other knoppix pc, it is running a basic vga-compatable driver which can only support up to 1024x768. id say see what is available for the card.
currently, i also have a radeon 9800 pro, so if i find something ill pass it on to u.
-
Senior Member
registered user
try using cheatcode expert. I just installed to a wide screen laptop no stretched image.
johnb
-

Originally Posted by
johnb
try using cheatcode expert. I just installed to a wide screen laptop no stretched image.
johnb
I tried using xmodule=ati but not xmodule=radeon. Maybe that would work...
Similar Threads
-
By richardr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2007, 09:41 PM
-
By OtterToast in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 12:24 AM
-
By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:49 PM
-
By toxik in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:02 PM
-
By freak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-31-2003, 02:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95

SK Hynix 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200MHz ECC UDIMM RAM PC4-3200AA KIT
$140.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM
$289.95

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu
$399.95

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

Micron 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1QG ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$240.00

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR4 4000MHz
$170.00