Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: printer stops?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    14

    printer stops?

    I've got a weird one. On one machine we have at school, the printing will work for a bit and then, for reasons beyond my understanding, then it will stack jobs up in the que and nothing I do will get those documents to print. I'm running a hard drive install of 3.7 and printing on our network to a HP 4100. I have tried to get the printing going through the printing manager on the control panel and on the configure printer option under the Knoppix Penguin. It's beyond me. The only thing that works is to restart the machine and that seems counter productive.

    Any ideas? If ou need more information, I'll send it right along. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8
    I really cant help you cause i'm still a newbie. but I do have a suggestion that might bring you closer.

    try using your printer on other distros, and also on other desktop environments like gnome or xfce. this might be very cumbersome but you it will give you clues on where the problem lies, whether on knoppix, kde, or the printer driver itself.

    i'd suggest downloading Gnoppix cause although it sounds like knoppix, it really isnt cause its based on ubuntu, and its desktop is gnome. plus its a live distro so you wont have to install it.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    14
    I'm finding that the problem isn't just a printing issue, it's the network connection which seems to get dropped. I'm not sure how to check this one out. I'll post another topic about it here and see if anyone has had something similar.

Similar Threads

  1. stops when searching for usb....
    By rahrah in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 08:46 PM
  2. KDM stops can not log on
    By siggy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 01:03 AM
  3. Printer issues CUPS/Printer Server/OptraE+
    By rec9140 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
  4. knx-hdinstall stops
    By u.jochum in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 08:39 AM
  5. booting up stops at..
    By madLyfe in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules picture

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules

$599.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$8999.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99