-
Junior Member
registered user
printer stops?
I've got a weird one. On one machine we have at school, the printing will work for a bit and then, for reasons beyond my understanding, then it will stack jobs up in the que and nothing I do will get those documents to print. I'm running a hard drive install of 3.7 and printing on our network to a HP 4100. I have tried to get the printing going through the printing manager on the control panel and on the configure printer option under the Knoppix Penguin. It's beyond me. The only thing that works is to restart the machine and that seems counter productive.
Any ideas? If ou need more information, I'll send it right along. Thanks.
-
I really cant help you cause i'm still a newbie. but I do have a suggestion that might bring you closer.
try using your printer on other distros, and also on other desktop environments like gnome or xfce. this might be very cumbersome but you it will give you clues on where the problem lies, whether on knoppix, kde, or the printer driver itself.
i'd suggest downloading Gnoppix cause although it sounds like knoppix, it really isnt cause its based on ubuntu, and its desktop is gnome. plus its a live distro so you wont have to install it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I'm finding that the problem isn't just a printing issue, it's the network connection which seems to get dropped. I'm not sure how to check this one out. I'll post another topic about it here and see if anyone has had something similar.
Similar Threads
-
By rahrah in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-31-2006, 08:46 PM
-
By siggy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-08-2005, 01:03 AM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
-
By u.jochum in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-05-2003, 08:39 AM
-
By madLyfe in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99