Quote Originally Posted by Markus
Why not just rip it and burn a new audio cd from the wav's? Or won't it rip either?
Good idea, havent tried that, yet...

I guess I didnt want to use anything that went through my soundcard ( its a cheapy-mobo-mounted one ), and any time I use audio through the soundcard, its usually sounding like "waste-by-product from the export of the back-end of an animal"...

I've used "jack" before, and the audio sounded like it was recorded in a studio with a blender, not the best quality... Whereas, k3b did a "data" audio copy, the sound quality was near identical to the original... Not quite sure what cdrdao did, since it had errors during the read, if it read through the data, or audio read, in either case, it had errors...

What package should I be looking for? Does it "rip" from the data channel, or through the soundcard? ( I'd prefer a data rip, and something that doesnt channel through my soundcard )

Thanks for any assistance,
Ms. Cuddles