Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem installing gcc

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    21

    Problem installing gcc

    Hi everybody,

    I am new member to this forum.

    I have installed featherlinux on my hdd. It is a knoppix remaster so a debian derivative like knoppix. It includes tcc, tiny c compiler, but I need gcc.
    I dont have internet on my linux pc so I downloaded .deb packages about 34 different files for gcc 3.5 and started installing with dpkg.

    Now, I am facing a strancg dependency problem.

    while installing g++-3.5--opere1-bla-bla.deb, it says it depends upon

    libstdc++6-dev. and while installing libstdc++6-dev it complains about not having installed g++-3.5 !!!

    I dont know much about debain packages but this is a deadlock I am facing.

    Can anyboday suggest what do do to install gcc ?


    thanks,
    Hardik

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981
    Try put all the .deb packages in a FOLDER THEN INSTall (damn caps lock) all at once with dpkg -i /<foldername>/*

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    21
    Hi,

    thanks ...that worked for me..
    but now after installation it couldnt recognize gcc command.

    I tried to compile a Hello World program with g++-3.5 but it stops at the error message

    Code:
    g++-3.5 hello.cpp
    (after lisint some .h files.......)
    linux/limits.h file or directory does not exists

    do I need to install some other package ? I dont know what could be the problem?

Similar Threads

  1. Problem Installing
    By Compmad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 06:58 AM
  2. Problem installing
    By Apollo2004 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 11:54 PM
  3. HDD problem when installing Knoppix to HDD
    By KrAm3t in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 05:48 AM
  4. Problem Installing
    By tzulberti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 07:56 PM
  5. Installing Problem
    By Wikt in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points picture

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points

$30.00



Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver picture

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver

$79.89