Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Wireless Intel 2100 and Knoppix 3.7

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5

    Wireless Intel 2100 and Knoppix 3.7

    I'm trying to get wireless working on Linux.
    I've a Intel 2100 built in Wireless and i think it's supported on this linux version.
    I've executed wavelan and setup all as i do on windows. (SSID, WEP)
    Any help aviable to one that doesn't know how possible can this work ???
    I would preciate a step by step as i am starting using linux.
    There is any app to activate or deactivate the wlan ???

    Thank you all

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5

    Some tests

    I forgot to say that is wep encrypted and the ssid bradcast is disable.
    I tried something after and this is the result:
    iwlist eth1 scanning

    eth1 Scan completed :
    Cell 01 - Address: 00:0D:88:99:475
    ESSID:""
    Mode:Master
    Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6)
    Bit Rate:1 Mb/s
    Bit Rate:2 Mb/s
    Bit Rate:5.5 Mb/s
    Bit Rate:11 Mb/s
    Bit Rate:22 Mb/s
    Quality=65/100 Signal level=-33 dBm Noise level=-98 dBm
    Encryption keyn

    iwconfig eth1

    eth1 IEEE 802.11b ESSID:"" Nickname:"ipw2100"
    Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
    Bit Rate=0 kb/s Tx-Power=32 dBm
    Retryn RTS thr=2304 B Fragment thrff
    Encryption keyff
    Power Managementff
    Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:158
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

    I've tried to do

    iwconfig eth1 essid <myessid>

    iwconfig eth1

    eth1 IEEE 802.11b ESSID:"" Nickname:"ipw2100"
    Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
    Bit Rate=0 kb/s Tx-Power=32 dBm
    Retryn RTS thr=2304 B Fragment thrff
    Encryption keyff
    Power Managementff
    Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:158
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

    I think the problem is on essid and wep

    Any help ?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    36
    try running the wlcardconfig

    if using KDE, press Alt & F2

    type wlcardconfig <enter>

    then enter your essid, wep key, leave unknown ones blank

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    13
    I get "no wireless device found" with my Pro2100 / 2200 Intel when I run wavelave. Although when booting, it "found eth0, found eth1"

    Wish I could help, but mine dosnt seem to be working.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5
    I've everything setup with wlcardconfig and keeps not working.
    If i disable WEP and enable ESSID everything works fine, but i would like to preserve that settings.
    Some security is better than none
    If you have anything else i can test, please say something ...

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5
    I figure out the problem is on ESSID.
    Even if i set if using
    Code:
    iwconfig eth0 essid myessid
    I get essid="" when doing iwconfig eth0
    It seems to be a common problem.
    Some posts say it should be solved using ndiswrapper.
    If anyone knows another way to set the essid please give me a hint

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 10:27 PM
  2. Wireless Intel 2100 and Knoppix 3.7
    By momceras in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2005, 07:45 PM
  3. Intel Pro Wireless 2100 3A
    By muzicman82 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 12:51 AM
  4. MINI PCI Intel Pro Wireless 2100 3B and Knoppix 3.6
    By andreas2000 in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 09:08 AM
  5. Wireless with Intel Centrino (2100) & Knoppix 3.4
    By headshot_001 in forum Networking
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 05:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY picture

lOT OF 4 SKhynix 8GB (4 x 8GB =32GB) HMA41GR7MFR8N-TF 2R8 PC4-2133P DDR4 MEMORY

$89.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



SK Hybix 16GBx16 (256GB kit) 2Rx8 PC4-2933Y RDIMM RAM  picture

SK Hybix 16GBx16 (256GB kit) 2Rx8 PC4-2933Y RDIMM RAM

$1200.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro picture

Dell Precision 3541 Laptop i5-9300H 2.4GHz 256GB SSD 16GB RAM Win 11 Pro

$189.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.88