-
knoppix sees my wireless PCMCIA card unless I save a config
Hi---
I'm definitely a newbie to Linux/Knoppix but I'm really determined to see what I can do with it. Got an HP Pavilion laptop with a Belkin f5d6020 wirless net adapter. If I boot Knoppix without a config, I can use the the wavelan and net card config tools to get the card up and running perfectly. But if I save and reload ANY kind of config, network settings or not, by the time Knoppix is up and running, it no longer sees the PCMCIA card. On the other hand, if I take out the card, restart Knoppix with a config, THEN push the card in, it's ready to go. Any clues why having it in AND loading a config sabotages the PCMCIA recognition?
Similar Threads
-
By jbreazeale in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-12-2006, 03:32 PM
-
By ergo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 03:32 AM
-
By mapezaid in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:19 PM
-
By wizzofoz in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2003, 11:29 AM
-
By dnt in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Lot of 12 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets with BAD LCD for Parts
$381.38

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 10.5" Tablet SM-X200 (Gray 32GB) Wifi CRACKED
$41.93

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" Tablet SM-T517P (Gray 32GB) Sprint CRACKED
$37.65

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G SM-T738U 12.4" Tablet Gray 64GB T-Mobile CRACKED
$82.68