-
Using Knoppix with a RAID 0: Could be dangerous?
Hello,
I have once used a 3.1 Knoppix on a computer, and now I wanted to try with mine. But I have a RAID 0 with two drives, and I fear, that if I try to mount my windows ntfs-partition, then the raid will be broken and I will lose the whole data in my hard drive. I also fear, that even without trying to mount the disk, knoppix could try to access the hard drive and then I could lose everything. Do you know, if I can try knoppix without danger? I would be really thank you if you could help me here.
For additional information: I am using the integrated Promise Controller from my ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe, with two SATA-Drives from Samsung.
Similar Threads
-
By NatXotic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
-
By Eru_Ascar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-10-2005, 02:01 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-03-2005, 02:12 PM
-
By ixalarx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2005, 06:25 PM
-
By Trevor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-05-2003, 01:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$29.99