I could not even boot the CD with "knoppix atapicd" option. And I've got the knoppix.iso of size about 570MB.
Cheers,
Jason
Recently I tried Knoppix 3.7 and a copule of other distributions based on it and none of them will boot on my computer, the error message is "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem...". I checked the MD5, it is OK.
This is quite strange since Knoppix 3.4 boots just fine.
It turned out that I have to use the atapicd option, this will get the system booted properly.
It is possible that something is strange with my system, but how come 3.4 works fine?
A friend of mine tried 3.7 and had the exact same problem. The similarity between our systems is the fact that we both have two CD drives, a plain CD drive and a burner drive. The burner is the master drive, we are booting from it.
I thought I'll mention this just in case something can be fixed in the latest Knoppix.
Cheers,
Marius
I could not even boot the CD with "knoppix atapicd" option. And I've got the knoppix.iso of size about 570MB.
Cheers,
Jason
And what results did you get when you checked the md5 sum?Originally Posted by tsfu

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
TerraMaster F2-210 2-Bay NAS Server Cloud Storage
$199.95
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Hitachi 14TB SATA 6Gb/s, 3.5”, 7200 RPM, Linux Only Hard Drive. 100% HEALTH.
$197.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00