-
Install worked but no program
Okay, I admit I'm a noob, but I seem to missing something simple. I used alien to convert a rpm to a deb package. I then used kpackage (and later dpkg in the terminal) to "install" the software. I get no error messages and everything seems to complete sucessfully, but there doesn't actually seem to be an executable program installed anywhere. What am I missing?
Mom2tatjana
[email protected]
-
Which program did you install? There might be a debian package for it as well.
Try to find it with:
which programname
or:
updatedb
locate programname
-
It's design software called Kxstitch (publishes cross stitch patterns based on my art and photos) and I have yet to find it in debian.
mom2tatjana
-
If it's in your path you should be able to start it with typing kxstitch, if not, try the updatedb -> locate commands.
Similar Threads
-
By auser in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-13-2006, 01:19 PM
-
By santos_douglas in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:02 AM
-
By jeter in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2004, 01:44 AM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 04:50 AM
-
By chook in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 2x E5-2650 V4=24 Cores H730P 64GB 2x 960 SSD + 4x 4TB SAS
$2797.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 2x E5-2650 V4=24 Cores H730P 64GB 2x 960 SSD + 4x 4TB SAS
$2797.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99