-
Junior Member
registered user
Learning game development on knoppix.
Hello all,
First I asked this question on General suppor forum but I think this would be the right place to get quick reply so repeating the question here.
I have downloaded Knoppix 3.8.2 CD and running on my harddisk with fromhd cheatcode and with persisitent home ...
Now, I am a C++ programmer and want to learn game programming on Linux. I tried to work on some examples with SDL and found that it is not included in knoppix..My question is : are there similar libraries included in knoppix? I dont have internet at home, so I cannot install with klik. I would also like to know about some internet resources i can use for learning game development with available libraries in knoppix.
thanks,
Hardik
-
Senior Member
registered user
rangalo,
No clue, here...
My best guess, is, google, google, google 
Possibly places on sourceforge, but, a general rule is, try looking / searching with google - it hasnt failed me yet 
Not really sure if this helped, immediately, but, it can get you resources for searching,
Ms. Cuddles
-
It depends on what kind of game you want to program. I like multiplayer on line games like:
-Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (already there)
-America's Army (800-900 megs http://www.americasarmy.com/ )
-PlaneShift (MMPO http://www.planeshift.it/download.html )
-Cube (http://www.cubeengine.com/ ) -these guys encourage source developement
-X-pilot (fairly low-res, simple)
-BZ flag (also fairly simple)
-Paradise (netrek - http://www.netrek.org/ )
You should probably start with something simple, download the source code, and make little changes to it and see if they work to get an idea of whats involved before you start on a full-fledged game from scratch.
Moustache
Similar Threads
-
By transistortoaster in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2005, 03:49 PM
-
By rangalo in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-15-2005, 12:32 PM
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 08:32 PM
-
By HCSS in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 09:32 PM
-
By Guitarplaya512 in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 01:03 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99

G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 64GB (4x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16Q-32GTZN
$149.99

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$65000.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
$380.00