Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Mount usb device?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Mount usb device?

    What is the directory path to a usb device? I couldn't find it in /mnt

    I am using a livecd Knoppix 3.3 and the Control Center does show my camera and identifies it by brand name. I couldn't find it though. Do I have to mount it? If so what is the command? I couldn't find any info at the Knoppix website.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    Right click on the desktop and Create New/Device/Camera Device.
    johnb

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    usb camera

    Thanks, I'll try that.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Didn't work

    That must be in a later version of Knoppix. I don't get that option in the menu with ver 3.3

    I tried Googling on Debian mount usb and found that there is a gui tool that does work.

    I used gtkam and it auto-detected my camera. What a hoot! My PC is a 10 year old Win95 machine with a usb port that didn't even work in Win95. Now it works running Knoppix from a livecd. I'm almost convinced to switch from Mandrake.

Similar Threads

  1. could not mount device
    By w0lfinator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 12:59 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
  3. mount of vfat device not case aware ...
    By Albretch in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 05:00 PM
  4. KNOPPIX 3.8.1 "could not mount device"
    By rioachim in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 01:47 AM
  5. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 4.7 GHz - Socket AM5 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 4.7 GHz - Socket AM5

$375.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel Core Ultra picture

Intel Core Ultra

$295.00



Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13  3.0 GHz  Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU

$80.00



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 3.3GHz 6-Core 12-Thread AM4 Desktop CPU Processor Tested picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 3.3GHz 6-Core 12-Thread AM4 Desktop CPU Processor Tested

$54.50



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99



Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0 picture

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0

$38.00