Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Mount usb device?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Mount usb device?

    What is the directory path to a usb device? I couldn't find it in /mnt

    I am using a livecd Knoppix 3.3 and the Control Center does show my camera and identifies it by brand name. I couldn't find it though. Do I have to mount it? If so what is the command? I couldn't find any info at the Knoppix website.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    Right click on the desktop and Create New/Device/Camera Device.
    johnb

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    usb camera

    Thanks, I'll try that.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Didn't work

    That must be in a later version of Knoppix. I don't get that option in the menu with ver 3.3

    I tried Googling on Debian mount usb and found that there is a gui tool that does work.

    I used gtkam and it auto-detected my camera. What a hoot! My PC is a 10 year old Win95 machine with a usb port that didn't even work in Win95. Now it works running Knoppix from a livecd. I'm almost convinced to switch from Mandrake.

Similar Threads

  1. could not mount device
    By w0lfinator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 12:59 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
  3. mount of vfat device not case aware ...
    By Albretch in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 05:00 PM
  4. KNOPPIX 3.8.1 "could not mount device"
    By rioachim in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 01:47 AM
  5. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard

$184.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



JINSHA B450M B450 AM4 MicroATX Motherboard DDR4 2DIMM M.2 W/ IO SHIELD picture

JINSHA B450M B450 AM4 MicroATX Motherboard DDR4 2DIMM M.2 W/ IO SHIELD

$49.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS H110I-PLUS Motherboard LGA1151 w/ I5-7400 CPU, 8GB, Heatsink & I/O Shield picture

ASUS H110I-PLUS Motherboard LGA1151 w/ I5-7400 CPU, 8GB, Heatsink & I/O Shield

$60.00



ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW

$121.45



MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard picture

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard

$59.99