Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Mount usb device?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Mount usb device?

    What is the directory path to a usb device? I couldn't find it in /mnt

    I am using a livecd Knoppix 3.3 and the Control Center does show my camera and identifies it by brand name. I couldn't find it though. Do I have to mount it? If so what is the command? I couldn't find any info at the Knoppix website.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Western MA.
    Posts
    111
    Right click on the desktop and Create New/Device/Camera Device.
    johnb

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    usb camera

    Thanks, I'll try that.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3

    Didn't work

    That must be in a later version of Knoppix. I don't get that option in the menu with ver 3.3

    I tried Googling on Debian mount usb and found that there is a gui tool that does work.

    I used gtkam and it auto-detected my camera. What a hoot! My PC is a 10 year old Win95 machine with a usb port that didn't even work in Win95. Now it works running Knoppix from a livecd. I'm almost convinced to switch from Mandrake.

Similar Threads

  1. could not mount device
    By w0lfinator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 12:59 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
  3. mount of vfat device not case aware ...
    By Albretch in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 05:00 PM
  4. KNOPPIX 3.8.1 "could not mount device"
    By rioachim in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2005, 01:47 AM
  5. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives

$149.95



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00