Knoppix will boot fine on my computer and at the last moment start blinking on and off. What worked for me was
johnbCode:knoppix xmodule=vesa
When I attempt to boot knoppix, my monitor lights just blink, like it does in windows when I use an illegal resolution or refresh rate. This happens as it enters console mode. I can enter cheat codes, and have used the vsync and screen codes to try to ratchet down the res and refresf, and fb800x600 to drop the console settings. monitor is an acer 54e, capable of 1028x768 at 58hz, 24bit color. Other linux install disks display the console fine, and boot into x fine. What am I doing wrong?
Knoppix will boot fine on my computer and at the last moment start blinking on and off. What worked for me was
johnbCode:knoppix xmodule=vesa

Vintage Compaq Presario 1200 Laptop Celeron 600MHz 20GB Floppy Drive *Windows Me
$140.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99
Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78
NWT Vintage TUMI Safecase Deluxe Adjustable Computer Brief Bag 2632 w/ Sleeve
$449.50
NCR System 3000 UNIX SVR4 MP-RAS Administrator Guide Manual D1-2266-E Vintage
$200.00
Lot of 4 Vintage Intel i486 DX2 CPU Processors for Gold Scrap Recovery
$99.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99